Port Captain / SupercargoMar 2, 2017 12:06 PM
Position: Port Captain / Supercargo
Location: Primarily based New Orleans – Houston, USA
Travel: Frequent travel / at times extended periods Travelling within USA, Canada, Caribbean and Central America.
Salary: Attractive salary and benefits
Start Date: Emphasis near term employment / applications kept on file for future considerations
Contact: Company will contact those short-listed for interview
• Sea service as Master or Chief Officer.
• Emphasis while Chief Officer with regards to experience and bulk cargo loading.
• Break-bulk experience beneficial, thou not required.
• Preference to service on dry-bulk and break-bulk vessels, of varying ship size, and trades.
• Prior service with multi-national crews / preferred thou not essential.
• Able to work in a proactive team environment.
• Pragmatic and hands-on – able to problem solve.
• Professional with solid grasp of marine fundamentals, both practical and theoretical, in aspects of shipping, cargo, trade and regulatory requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of ship board operations including: loading and discharge operations, maintenance, hold cleaning, and trade related concerns.
• Knowledge of industry and mining related fields would prove an asset.
• Effective communication and management skills.
• Computer and report writing skills using MS Word and Excel required.
• Able to work in the United States thou some consideration may be given to working North America as a whole.
• Attend owned and chartered vessels for large German based company with global operations.
• Cargo planning - load and discharge / optimizing cargo tonnage and time in port.
• Supervise cargo operations in port.
• Logistics support to company and vessels
• Company representative for cargo and port related matters.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with stevedores, agents and service providers.
• Responsibilities that include guidance on hold cleaning, attending hold inspections, and setting up pre-load/discharge meetings.
• Some job training can be expected.
Please send CV / Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org