Samuel Plimsoll Award nominationsNov 5, 2013 11:52 AM
NOMINATION INSTRUCTIONS: Deadline extended to Feb. 24, 2017
The editors of Professional Mariner magazine will present two Samuel Plimsoll Awards for Outstanding Service — one for an individual and one for an organization who have been instrumental in making the industry safer for mariners.
Professional Mariner will also present a Plimsoll Award for Innovation. This award will recognize an innovation that contributes to improved safety or efficiency in the industry.
Criteria: Outstanding Service, Individual
• May have taken decisive and effective action and/or displayed extraordinary service in the prevention of maritime casualties or in saving life, property or the environment during an incident.
• May have helped change technology, policy or procedure to help prevent future accidents and loss of life.
Criteria: Outstanding Service, Organization
• May have been instrumental in changing technology, policy or procedure to help prevent future accidents and loss of life.
• May have made a significant difference in the maritime industry in reducing accidents, the risk of accidents, or loss of life.
• May be an industry organization, government entity, non-profit organization or for-profit company.
• A product, service or procedure that significantly improves the well-being of mariners by increasing safety and efficiency levels in the industry.
The awards will be announced in March 2017.
Please send your nomination to:
Rich Miller, Editor
Professional Mariner Magazine
P.O. Box 569
Portland, Maine 04112
Or e-mail your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Samuel Plimsoll Awards provide an opportunity for the maritime industry to recognize the ingenuity, hard work, and selfless commitment put forth by individuals and companies in the maritime industry.