Samuel Plimsoll Award nominationsNov 5, 2013 11:52 AM
NOMINATION INSTRUCTIONS: Deadline extended to March 1, 2018
It's Plimsoll Award season, the time to recognize mariners, companies and educators across the industry for their exemplary service and innovation.
The editors of Professional Mariner magazine will present two Samuel Plimsoll Awards for Outstanding Service — one for an individual and one for an organization who have been instrumental in making the industry safer for mariners.
Professional Mariner will also present a Plimsoll Award for Innovation. This award will recognize an innovation that contributes to improved safety or efficiency in the industry.
Criteria: Outstanding Service, Individual
• May have taken decisive and effective action and/or displayed extraordinary service in the prevention of maritime casualties or in saving life, property or the environment during an incident.
• May have helped change technology, policy or procedure to help prevent future accidents and loss of life.
Criteria: Outstanding Service, Organization
• May have been instrumental in changing technology, policy or procedure to help prevent future accidents and loss of life.
• May have made a significant difference in the maritime industry in reducing accidents, the risk of accidents, or loss of life.
• May be an industry organization, government entity, non-profit organization or for-profit company.
• A product, service or procedure that significantly improves the well-being of mariners by increasing safety and efficiency levels in the industry.
The awards will be announced in April 2018.
Please send your nomination to:
Rich Miller, Editor
Professional Mariner Magazine
P.O. Box 569
Portland, Maine 04112
Or e-mail your nomination to email@example.com.
The Samuel Plimsoll Awards provide an opportunity for the maritime industry to recognize the ingenuity, hard work, and selfless commitment put forth by individuals and companies in the maritime industry.